Story - The Boy Who Cried Wolf
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Once upon a time, there was a young shepherd boy named Daniel who looked after his village's sheep on a green hillside. His job was simple: he had to watch the sheep carefully and protect them from wolves.
Daniel often felt bored while sitting alone in the field. One day, he thought of a trick to make the villagers run up the hill.
“Wolf! Wolf! A wolf is attacking the sheep!” he shouted.
Hearing his cries, the villagers quickly left their work and ran up the hill to help him. But when they arrived, there was no wolf.
Daniel laughed loudly. “I fooled you! There was no wolf!”
The villagers were upset, but they returned to the village.
A few days later, Daniel played the same trick again.
“Wolf! Wolf! Please help me!”
Again, the villagers rushed to the hill. Again, they found no wolf.
“This boy is wasting our time,” they said angrily.
Daniel thought it was very funny. He did not understand that his lies were destroying the villagers' trust in him.
One evening, while Daniel was watching the sheep, a real wolf suddenly appeared.
The wolf slowly came toward the flock. Daniel became frightened.
“Wolf! Wolf! Please help me! This time it is real!” he shouted as loudly as he could.
But the villagers heard him and said, “He is lying again. We will not believe him.”
No one came to help.
Daniel tried to protect the sheep, but the wolf scattered the flock, and several sheep ran away.
Daniel felt terrible. He sat down and realized his mistake.
“I told lies for fun,” he thought. “Now, when I am telling the truth, nobody believes me.”
The next morning, Daniel went to the villagers and sincerely apologized.
“I am sorry. I lied to you twice, and I made you lose your trust in me. I have learned that telling the truth is important, even when nobody is watching.”
The villagers accepted his apology, but they told him, “Trust takes a long time to build and only a moment to break. You must prove through your actions that you can be trusted.”
From that day on, Daniel never lied again. He became a responsible shepherd and always spoke the truth. Slowly, the villagers began to trust him again.
Moral
Always tell the truth. A lie may seem funny for a moment, but repeated lies can destroy people's trust. Once trust is lost, it is difficult to regain.
Remember: Your words build your reputation, but your actions prove whether you deserve to be trusted.
Comments
Post a Comment